1. Rate: Being nervous can lead to rushed lines. Slow down!
2. Projection: Speak loud enough that people on the back row can hear you.
3. Clarity: Be careful to enunciate. Speak clearly without running words together.
4. Expression: Over emphasize in your portrayal. Subtlety is not for the stage.
5. Pitch: Use the full range of your voice. No monotony!
6. Stance: Stand straight with both feet on the ground. Be careful not to fidget or do things that detract from your role.
7. Poise: Be confident! When you make a mistake, don’t draw attention to it with giggles, eye rolls, grimacing etc. Moving on or starting over are the best things you can do.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
38 + = 43